Friday, May 10, 2013

Birthday and a calling

I will never, EVER, forget my 20th birthday
Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for the flowers. I loved all the gifts I received from you guys, both grandparents, David & Ronda's family!! The Flowers are what really, really cheered me up!! They are BEAUTIFUL, and smell so good!!! When I recieved them I was walking back to my dorm and everyone was coming up and smelling them. They are the prettiest flowers I have ever received!! Even though my birthday was not fun.ha the flowers made everything better, and the notes and cards I received from people.

Tuesday morning came and I was exhausted, and looked super unhealthy, I have lost 15 pounds. I was sitting in class and I was called to the clinic. The clinic had been calling people all day and trying to get me in, and not wait for Wednesday, and I KNOW without a doubt because of all of your fasts and prayers they were able to get me in. I had a feeling that morning not to drink any liquids, and thank goodness I didn't, because I had my procedure at one and your not supposed to have any liquids or food 12 hours before. :) Thank you, thank you, thank you for  the prayers and fast. They were not wasted!!!! I wouldn't of been able to go another day on only liquids, and I wouldn't of been able to get the procedures.

The procedure went great!! I don't remember anything!! ha Hermana Florence said I was hilarious when I woke up and I was speaking in a lot of Spanish, and flirting with one of the guy nurses there. Haha whoops!! I was at the hospital from 1-5 I was having a really hard time waking up.  Doctor Sutton left some pictures for me of my intestines. They are our new room decorations. Thank goodness we don't have roommates. He told my companion that the colonoscopy went great and everything looked great, but he didn't say anything about the endoscopy except he took some biopsy's. He also took biopys's from my colonoscopy. I will find out the results next week. Hopefully all is well. I'm really not to worried. I have had blessings from the elders in my district, and I know lots of people are praying for me. I have stayed pretty positive throughout all of this because I am SO grateful for challenges. I wouldn't be ablet to be out here serving if it wasn't for all my challenges before my mission that have made me stronger and made me a better person. I know that this challenge will only strengthen me. I will not let it weaken me and bring me down. This is Gods plan, and if I'm doing my part and doing what's right I will be blessed, and become stronger. I don't think my health problems will ever really go away, but that is okay with me. It is really hard being sick and having to sit out from things, but I keep reminding myself or how strong I am going to be.

I have such a strong testimony of priesthood power, and the power of prayer. I am here because of both of those powers. There is no way I would be able to go to class and function without them. I am so grateful for all the Elders and men in my family that have the priesthood, and are worthy to use it. Keep yourself worthy!! One of the days when I was really sick I had some random elders come up and give me a blessing. They were worthy and ready at that time. If they weren't I don't know where I would be or how well my health would be. I have so much faith in my Heavenly Father, and Savior Jesus Christ. Use the Atonement everyday! Do not let a day go by where you don't repent. We all mess up, and we all need to be using the Atonement in our lives. We can always do  more. I've noticed that with being sick. I noticed the days that I was in my room all day if I read and kept studying, my day and my health would be a lot better, but if I didn't and just slept, my day were worthless and I would get down on my knees and repent. Please use the Atonement!! I am so grateful for my Savior and all that he sacrificed for me. I love him so much, and want to all I can to be with him again.

Besides all of my health problems a lot has happened in the last week. Chad Lewis and his wife came and spoked to us Sunday night at the devotional. Me and my district were asked to be ushers for the deovtional so I got to wear a cool white tag that said USHER, and help sit people in the auditorium.I felt really cool! :) I wish I had my camera to take a picture of my cool USHER tag.  I'm pretty sure mom knows who Chad Lewis is, but if not he played for the NFL Eagles team. He was AWESOME!! I didn't know he served a mission. He talked all about his mission and how hard it was, but how much it has blessed his life. His first companion told him that when he gets home he should try out for the BYU football team, and he did!! He made the team and years later was asked to play for the Eagles. There is no way he would of if it wasn't for that companion.

Thank you for all the letters and emails. They make my day!!! I can't explain to you how much it means to me to hear from everyone! Last week I received a letter everyday! :) :)

I love all of you!!!!!!! Sorry I don't have enough time to write down everything big that happened.

OH I almost forgot. I get called to be a Sister Training Leader!! I am so grateful and humbled to have this position. President pulled me aside and he told me that he wasn't for sure about giving me this calling, but the Lord was! I get to meet the new district tonight and help orient them. Also, every week I meet with each sister and interview them and help them with anything they need. :) :) :) I cannot wait to help them. I love CHARITY!!!!!! It is for sure the best thing on earth!

I love you, I love you, I love you!!!!

Hermana Watkins
!

No comments:

Post a Comment