Monday, October 21, 2013

SURPRISE!

Hola, hola, hola! This is email is really long, but totally worth it to read!!
So the subject title fits this week perfectly, but I will get to the surprise after I talk about a couple of other things. Last week was probably one of the craziest weeks of my mission... I know I say that every week, but I'm telling the truth! Last week some of the Elders had ripped some gnarly holes in their pants so I offered to sew them for them. And one of our members is a seamstress and has this sweet shop, and I got to go and play around on his equipmen, and he taught me some cool tricks on the sewing machine. I was excited to finally use one my talents :) The Elders were pretty happy too.
We had a beautiful miracle. I talked a little about how we had trainings with the AP's and we prayed about some of the people in our area to know who the Lord has planned to get baptized this year. Well one of them is named Marichuri and we haven't been able to see her the whole time I've been in this area, but last week we went to go see her and all the things kept happening and we were running way behind. We finally get to her apartment and she's not there, so we say a prayer about where we should go and I was backing the sisters out and then guess who showed up...... Marichuri!!! YAY! It was amazing! We then had a lesson with her the next day and it was beautiful and I fell in love with her, and her dog. I strangely love dogs now, and I really miss Brutus... odd!

Now it's time for the SURPRISE!!! Last Wednesday Hermana Carlson was going on Exchanges with some of the English sisters so we went and dropped her off, and then Hermana Groves and I came back to our apartment to finish studies and to eat lunch. We then we received a  phone call from President Ashton and he asked me how I lliked being a trainer and how everything was going... of course I was freaked out that President was calling me, and then he said,"YOUR GETTING TRANSFERRED"!!!!!!!!!! WHAT!?? Last week I told you that we were thinking that Hermana Carlson might go to Hermana Shill's area because her temple square sister is leaving.... well turns out I was the one getting transferred. I had to then pack up all my stuff in one hour and then pick up Hermana Carlson and head to the mission office to meet my new companion. I was in SHOCK! And I was really sad... and still am. I became very close with Hermana Groves and Carlson and then had to pack up and leave. Hermana Groves is my baby and I really feel like I abandoned her :(
Hermana Groves and Emily
My new area is the furthest North area in the whole mission. I have downtown Houston in my area and it is BEAUTIFUL!! I also have the great and abominable church, Lake Wood, in my mission. I am the Senior companion, Hermana Shill is one transfer younger than me. So we are really learning Spanish really fast now. I LOVE her to death. We've been close ever since she got here so were having a blast together!!
Emily's newest companion Hermana Shill
Other things that happened this week is I got to do the training with the AP's again, because Hermana Shill hasn't done it for her area yet, and one of the families were teaching is Jewish and it is God's will that they get baptized this year!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whahoooo. Also, we did Family History and I traced our family history all the way back to Adam and Eve!!! WOAH! I believe it was on Grandma Watkins side too. I went through a lot of Royals to get there. Saturday morning my zone and youth from a Baptist church all went and did service on the Highways and cleaned them all up. I got to ride in the back of a truck on a Freeway in Texas... that was AWESOME!! I love doing service! It brings such a good feeling, even when I had a driver chuck a Dr. Pepper can at me... I still felt good about what I was doing.
Doing laundry with no dryer

Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Merrell for the letters and the Merrell Connection. I love receiving that and seeing how everyone is doing. :)
Yesterday I had a super spiritual moment at church. The temple President and his wife came and spoke in our ward. They talked about temples and the importance and family history work. The Montano's family that I told you about last week we're sealed to their beautiful little baby girl on Saturday :) :) I LOVE THIS WORK!! President Cane came up and talked to me afterwards and I told him how I was a ordinance worker in the Vernal Temple and how I loved it and miss it. He then got in to a deep discussion with me and then asked me if I have ever wanted to have an experience like the brother Jared. I told him of course!! I would tell you all the things he told me but I believe they are way to spiritual and sacred to tell over the internet. Just go and read Ether 2-3 and try to relate it to going to the temple and how we really do have the same experience everytime we go.
I know this email is long, but I love talking about my mission and sharing these amazing experiences with all of you. And I haven't been doing an amazing job at keeping a journal this last week...so now I have everything in an email... haha I want the world to know that I know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and has a very specific and personal plan for each of us. This plan will help us get back to Him. He wants us to communicate with Him so He can better help us understand His plan and the things that we need to do. He has also given us His Son Jesus Christ who died for us and suffered every single pain we have ever felt. I know They live and love us VERY much! I am also very grateful for Joseph Smith and have come to love him and his sacrifice. If it wasn't for him NONE of us could receive our salvation. This church is true and is the church that Jesus Christ himself established and restored through Joseph Smith.
Go to the temple. Pray and read daily. We don't have time to procrastinate. I say this becaue I know that it is true and I have seen the blessings of it in my life and I want these blessings for everyone of you!
I love you!

Hermana Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment