Monday, October 28, 2013

Good week

It's really weird being on the East side of town now. I really love my new area though. We went downtown and she found this really cool place where you can look at down town Houston with all of it lit up and beautiful! We also drove by the Astro Stadium and this really cool apartment building that looks like Phantom of the Opera. :) 
 Last Tuesday I gave a talk in District meeting... I think everyone just likes to listen to me make a fool of my self when I talk in Spanish.. just kidding. This week was a really good week. When I first got in this area we had no baptismal dates, and this week we were able to receive 4  new baptismal dates. YAY! We might have a baptism in two weeks if our investigator can't make it to church to get the Holy Ghost. 

In every area I go to all the members decide they want to start feeding us. Hermana Carlson and Groves said once I left their area the members stopped feeding them, and now in this area we didn't have any dinner plans with members, but now we have one almost everyday. Yesterday the Garcia's made us tamales from Guatemala. They were wrapped in the banana leaves. YUMMY!! 
We got to help out at mutual last week and we did family history. The two kids I was helping did have any names done, so it was really neat  to start from the beginning. 
Wednesday I had exchanges and went over to the area I started in and had some very powerful lessons. I loved being back and seeing the progression with everyone. It was also nice being back on the bike. I've already lost my tan and muscle... Here are some pictures of graffiti in my area.


Friday was our miracle day. We received four baptismal dates and had six amazing lessons. We taught the Jewish family and guess what... THEY ACCEPTED A BAPTISM DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!! I would really love to receive the emails from Ross :) pretty please. I think it would be cool to talk to him about this Jewish family and talk to them about all the things that he is seeing over in Jerusalem. 
I love you and I'm so grateful for the amazing family and friends that I have been blessed with. Sorry I don't have a whole lot to say.. my memory is horrible. 
Guess what I saw this week?? I saw Lotus! I have seen some pretty sweet cars here! Oh and since I'm writing down random things.. one of the recent converts in my last area just got back from Mexico and bought me presents and some yummy hot sauce. 
Love you, 

Hermana Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment