Monday, February 3, 2014

Francisco is Baptized!!!! and Transfers

Like the title says Francisco my best friend received his letter from the First Presidency on Tuesday and they called me up to tell me the good news :) And yesterday he finally became a wet Mormon :) The ward has been calling him a dry Mormon for the past 5 months, because he is probably strong than half the members but as an investigator. Yesterday was the happiest day of my life. Hermana O'neill and I sang at the baptism and the first verse I was bawling like a baby.... good thing the violin covered my weird crying noises :) 

Again I have been blessed with so many miracles this week. Last Tuesday Hermana Baer and Elder Ramirez were planned to fly home, but their flight to Utah was cancelled until the next day so we got a call from the Assistants on Tuesday morning asking if we would be willing to come pick up Hermana Baer for the day and take her out to work with us!!!!!! Our dreams came true and we were companions.... for one day... but still! I love her so much, and we had a blast together. 

Wednesday was transfers and we said our last goodbyes to Hermana Baer and Elder Ramirez. :( That was hard. I have also been blessed with another AMAZING companion. Her name is Hermana Jaeger and she is from California. She is one transfer ahead of me and we absolutely love being with each other and the work has been so much fun the last couple days. On Wednesday morning when we were in transfer meeting we got a call from one of our investigators Guadalupe and we had a Birthday party with her and her husband the night before. She asked us if we could come by that night and have another lesson. "G" is married to a return missionary  and he is super strong in the church and she has had the missionaries teaching her for 4 years. She has never really been interested and just like hearing about messages of Christ because she belongs to another church. Well come to find out Wednesday night we go in and she tells us that she wants to start taking the discussions again! MIRACLE! So we got right on it and taught The Restoration. The only reason why she hasn't joined the church is because she doesn't believe in Joseph Smith, but the last transfer the mission has had lots of training on teaching a strong 20 min Restoration and man I saw the fruits of our labors that nights. After a really powerful Restoration we extended a baptismal date and she excepted a baptismal date for the first time EVER!! I truly know that with unconditional love and the truth anything is possible. Especially when you have God on your side. When we told the Bishopric in PEC yesterday they all jumped a little and started celebrating. I have truly witness how important it is to LOVE when you love others and show them that their Heavenly Father loves them the blessings will come. I love her so much! MIRACLE, MIRACLE, MIRACLE!!
New companion Hermana Jaeger

The past week we have been talking to EVERYONE!! And we have seen so many miracles from it. Even though it's  every 1 out of 20 people you talk to their is one prepared person, it's totally worth it. I have really been working on seeing everyone as my brothers and sisters and praying for it as well, and God has made my eyes see things I have never seen. I used to get so frustrated with myself "Natural Man" that I would let fear of talking to people get in my way, but as my eyes have been opened all I want to do is tell people of the "Good News" that we have for the WORLD! We really do have a Savior who has suffered for us. He lives and is with us 24/7. There is only one path back to our Heavenly Father and at times we fall off the path and we feel like we have the confidence that we can find the path again, but then we get more and more lost and the world gets darker and darker... or we step on thorns or get an animal bite or we run into a spider web... haha but the whole time we our off the trail we have our Savior with us the whole time. He is feeling the pain of the thorns and the hunger, exhaustion, darkness, and fear as well. And he is also the only one that knows how to get back to the trail. We just need to take that humbling step and grab his hand and ask for help back. He is our light and our path. I love the gospel and I of it to be true. We truly are sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. I am very blessed to be a instrument in his hands at this time to help him find his lots children. 

I pray that every that reads this is reading in the scriptures and praying daily, going to church, and desiring to learn more. We are here to be happy! Happiness truly does come by obeying the commandments and putting the things of God before the things of the world. Our time is short. We must act now! 


Have a wonderful week!!!!!
Les Quiero,

Hermana Watkins 

No comments:

Post a Comment