Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Valentine's

Hola Famila!!! 
This week was a super great week. Last week after email we went over to The Galleria which is this HUGE mall, and I felt like I was in Heck... haha It was the weirdest feeling in the world. I have forgotten how worldly the world is. I'm pretty sure I knew what two of the stores were.. payless and the Disney store, other than that all the stores names were WAY to fancy and I felt like a frumpy missionary.. Which I am totally okay with. :) At the mall I we went into Tiffany's and I tried on a wedding ring... haha AWKWARD!! Me and Hermana O'neill did it for our 10 month mark.  I hated it!!!! I'm never getting married. I decided that I'm just going to go on a mission with Grandma and Grandpa when I go home. I don't want to go back to real life. 
Man on the bus with a snake

Anyway now to the good stuff. :) We had many awesome lessons this week with our investigators. Last Monday we had a Noche de Hogar "FHE" with two of our investigators families and a member family and we watched the Restoration and the spirit was SO strong. Guadalupe is still planning on getting baptized and is starting to understand the Restoration. 
Last Tuesday we had our Zone Conference and it was super good!! President always talks about things that I wanted to learn more about or I wanted clearer answers for. Elder D. Todd Christoferson asked for us missionaries to put together our life plans now. I didn't like doing it, but we were asked to do so... We needed to write down what we wanted for familes/ Husband/ Kids and what we want for careers/ education. What our life long dreams are. That was something weird to think about, but we've been promised that if we finish out life plan or Vision of Life that we will work harder and see more success. All the trainings were all super good and I have already seen a lot of success from following them. 

After conference we sat in two hours of traffic... I LOVE IT!! Then my companion and I taught English classes at the church.... I think I should probably learn English before I try and learn Spanish. haha 
Hermana Potter's huge cat that I am afraid of.

Wednesday we spent a lot of the time on the bus talking to people. We met this really cool guy named Edi who had a snake around his neck. And I got to touch and I got a picture too. :) We also had a miracle where one of our investigators that we have been able to get in contact with for three weeks was on the bus and she really wants to have us a come over :) MIRACLE!! 
Friday was definitely my favorite day. Happy Valentines Day!! We went down to the church and help set up for a HUGE 7 stake Singles ward dance it looked like prom. It was so pretty, and we got to lessons out of it,and we got to be in normal clothes... weird! Our awesome investigator Joel excepted a baptismal date and really loves the plan of salvation. That night Hermana Jaeger and I watched Together Forever and made heart cookies... BEST VALENTINES EVER!! haha 
Valentine's night
Saturday was a super hard day. We went to the prison downtown to visit one of our less actives and it was INSANE!! We waited in line for a hour and a half and you go through all these security things and then you sit down at a window and try and yell over everyone else so the person can hear you. I tell you what the spirit does not dwell in the prison. My spirit felt so hurt when I was there. I hated seeing little kids and new born babies go and visit their father... It was just another reminder to me how much our Heavenly Father loves us and how blessed I have been to have such an amazing family. No one deserves to live a life like that. Especially innocent little children. We had a short testimony meeting with him and we ended up all bawling at the end. He said the closing prayer and that is when the spirit popped in just to bear a short reminder that these things are true. Right after the prayer the spirit left instantly. 

Yesterday we ended up having 5 people come to church! :) Joel came again and Francisco is his fellowshipper, he told us that he really likes church. I ended up going and teaching a little in the youth sunday school class. Mom I don't know how you deal with teenagers that text on their phones will someone is teaching. I don't think I'm ready to be a mom.... 


Well today we're going to the Houston Zoo!! YAY!! I'm super excited and the weather is perfect today. 
I love you all so much!!
Les Quiero
Hermana Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment