Monday, April 7, 2014

Wow, wasn't General Conference the best thing EVER!!! I was super sad/ really tired when the last session ended yesterday, but now I am pumped and even more ready to go out and to talk with all my brothers and sisters. And to be the Disciple that I have been called to be. :) That's a pretty big role we have to hold as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but I LOVE it!.

Everyone has so kindly this past week reminded me that I will be hitting my year mark this week...... :( I am in denial and I don't believe it to be true. I feel like I just got here and I have WAY to much to do in 6 months. So I have been thinking about extending.... what do you think??? President Ashton actually asked if I was thinking about extending and I have been praying about it, but I feel like I am needed home on October 7th and I will be linking arms with Hermana Johnson... good luck trying to pry us apart :) 

 This past week I was really sick with allergies and a horrible head cold.... I really think Texas is just full of germs and sickness. Almost everyone in my zone got this nasty sickness and the air here is basically yellow. Everything here is covered in yellow pollen... I very much dislike it. :( I also came to find out that Benadryl makes me really hyper and not sleepy at all. As of right now I feel a lot healthier. 

 Last Tuesday after zone conference Hermana Jaeger and I were talking about how we really want to start working even harder at talking to EVERYONE and always asking for referrals. Right after we got done talking about it a lady was walking down some stairs at the apartment complex we were at, and she came up and  starts talking to us.... a missionaries dream!! :) She asks us if we are missionaries and if we know Margy our Relief Society President. We told her yes, and asked how she knows her. She said she is really good friends with her and used to live with her and the missionaries would come over and Margy would feed them and they gave her a prayer rock. She told us she still has that rock and loves it. She then asked if we would like to come over to her house and if she could take the lessons from us. WHAT!!?? So last Thursday we went over, and of course had the R.S. president come over with us. I was super sick and did not want to be there after eating dinner I became extremely hot and just wanted to go home. I then went into her bathroom and prayed with all my heart that my Heavenly Father could help me get through the lesson. I then had a brilliant idea that we will just watch the Restoration movie.... God had didn't like that idea and made sure that she didn't have a DVD player. Well, I am so happy she didn't, because we then taught the most spiritual/ powerful Restoration lesson of my life. I should say the spirit taught the most spiritual/ powerful lesson of my life. Everyone was crying! Mable the lady accepted a baptismal date and she told us that when she first met with the missionaries she wasn't ready to take this step, but now she has never felt so good in her life and so much love. Right when we started talking about the Book of Mormon she asked us if she could have one.  I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ he was honestly helping me through every moment of that lesson. I love this work so much!! 

I love you all and I hope you all have a wonderful week. Thank you mom for the Conference journals my companion and I LOVED them!!

Les quiero,

Hermana Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment