Monday, August 26, 2013


This week was full of good news and some bad news, but all in all it was a GREAT week! Tuesday is when we received the saddest news I have ever received. My dear friend Francisco is unable to get baptized until his probation is over in 4 1/2 years. :( My heart was broken when our district leader called and told us this.  Right before we got the call we had just had a really awesome lesson with him, and he told us how excited he was to be baptized and to become a member. Well we were unable to meet with him on Wednesday because he had probation classes so we finally got to meet with him Thursday night. Hermana Wilzbach and I decided to read in True to the Faith with him about Adversary. We were both really nervous to teach the lesson. On Wednesday I was reading in 1 Nephi 10 in the third to last verse talks about One Eternal Round. When I read this I was really thinking about a track and how we all have our own lane to run and we all start in the beginning with our coaches ( God and Christ) and then we leave their presents and start the race. We all have different hurdles (life obstacles) to work through, but the whole time our coaches can direct us on how to work through these obstacles, and when we do, we become stronger. Sometimes the people next to us on the track seem like they come over on our path and make it harder, but other times people are sent to be next to us, to help us and direct us where we need to go. I could talk all day about this little story that I came up with, but I don't have time, but after reading with Francisco about the adversary I told him this story and he added his ideas to  it and different scriptures to go along. It was really fun! I then told him that he would be unable to be baptized until his probation is over. I of course was crying and could feel the spirit really strongly. Francisco then looked at me and told me he could feel the spirit and he knows that this is just one of those obstacles that he needs to get through. He was sad, but knows it's part of his repentance process and is willing to do all that he can to stay on his path. We then started planning for his baptism in 4 1/2 years and he's going to find himself a wife that is either a member or is going to get baptized with him and Hermana Wilzbach and I are going to show up with our families... haha hopefully I will have one by then.. :) I can't wait for all of you to meet him in this life or the next he's amazing!! I love him!
So that's the sad news/ amazing news to know that he is that strong. The ward said they would give him an assignment with the scouts, and he's super excited to just be a man of service for God. :)
On Friday we had Zone Conference and it was AMAZING!! The spirit taught me so many things that I have already started doing with the work. President announced that God has told him that we need to have 900 baptisms before the year is over. Right now we have 350. I was so excited when he announced this, because God knows the plan and he knows how we can reach that number! Ahhhh it's so exciting! We learned a lot of new things to apply to the work and to become better missionaries so we can reach that number. :) I also loved seeing all my missionary friends and meeting all the newbies. One of the things that we really talked about at conference was Family History and how we need to use it more in teaching. And if you read the verse I was talking about earlier it talks about the "course" and I found out that the course talks about family history and the importance of doing it. Not only can the people in Spirit world not receive their salvation, but we cannot either if we don't do their work. It's all part of the ONE ETERNAL ROUND!!  After Conference I went on my very first/legit exchange. Hermana Carlson who is Hermana Wilzbachs trainer came with me to my area and Hermana Wilzbach went to hers. I became the senior companion for 24 hours and was in charge. I loved it!! I was super nervous and first, but said a prayer and I had angels helping me the whole time. Hermana Carlson and I applied all the things that we learned at conference and noticed a difference in our lessons and it was beautiful. HOLY I love this work! We showed up to our investigator Juana's house and her daughter was having her birthday party, but they invited us in anyway and we played a couple games with the little girls and then sat down and taught about the Gospel. I have NEVER talked so much Spanish in my life!! I taught the whole lesson, only because the spirit was there. :) I also helped Juana's daughter say the prayer... oh my goodness it melted my heart. I can't wait to be a mom!! Juana told me that she could really feel the spirit and wan'ts to be baptized! :)


Yesterday at church we had Alex and Carla come with their cute little baby Mateo and Francisco of course came. Alex and Carla seemed to really like church and Mateo did to. It's killing me that I can't hold babies or kids though... ugh!! Last night we had a Noche de Hogar and the church or FHE with the ward. It was a lot of fun and there was tons of food!! I had like 5 meals yesterday :) and I believe I've lost weight... I have no idea how that works.
This past week former Elder Drake and his MTC companion came back to the mission and visited. He served in my area for a really long time so it was fun talking to him about all the changes and the people.
My health is great... I honestly don't understand it, but I know it's part of Gods plan and I've learned a lot from my problems. Do family history work. Your salvation and your family on the other side depends on it. :) I love you all!
Les Quiero
Hermana Watkins


No comments:

Post a Comment