Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hello Family!

Hello my beautiful family!!
I'm emailing today because all the libraries were closed yesterday for Labor Day. I feel like this past week was like a month long with all the stuff that happened. Last Tuesday we had Zone Meeting and it was probably the best Zone Meeting of my life. The spirit was very strong and Angels were surrounding us and teaching us lots of new things. So I lied to you last week about how were supposed to meet 900 baptisms... it's actually 1,000. :) Cool huh!! Our meeting was all about how we can reach that goal and what things we need to do. We had a big testimony meeting and it was beautiful! I love this work and the plan that God has for each of us. In the last couple months missionary work has really changed. We are not knocking on doors any more. We are going around and strengthening the members. It's through them that we find new investigators. We have really seen a change in the church the last couple weeks. Especially after using all of our trainings. I know we can get 1,000 baptisms but only if were doing ALL the things the Lord has asked/trained us to do. 

So the members and some of our investigators have been begging me to see pictures of my family and now that I have some, that's all I've been doing. :) And everyone LOVES the pictures. When I told them that the pictures were taken in our yard they all fell in love with our property. Everyone said that I have a beautiful family and guess what.... it's true!! Just like the church is true. :) haha 
Emily and companion in the car

The apartment has become a home for all the cockroaches in Texas.................. I went on a killing rampage the other night!!! I hate them!! The other day at church we were all outside calling our investigators and trying to get people to come to church and we saw a Cockroach this big
................................................ GROSS!!! I touched it too! I didn't have my camera so I will have to find another one and take a picture of me holding it. :) Were calling our management this week, and hopefully they will spray. I can't deal with them any more!

This week we have been really blessed with presents and food! We now receive like 3 meals a day from members and investigators. Also one of our less actives bought us brand new lights of our bikes, because my headlight fell off and Hermanas tail light did too. Francisco bought us donuts the other day and is now feeding us every Saturday night!!! Yes! The best part is were getting fed and having member invite lessons all at the same time!! 

So one quick story.. I was riding my bike saying hi, well Hola, to everyone on the side of the road and one of the ladies said Hola back very kindly, and the spirit was like go talk to her, but sometimes I get confused with the spirit and my thoughts so I just pushed it off and kept riding... well I get to the end of the road, and the whole time I'm arguing in my head if I should turn around or not. I finally slam on my brakes and yell at Hermana to turn around. We hurry and ride our bikes back to her, and the poor lady looked terrified. I jumped off my bike and introduced ourselves and she was really happy and told us to come over on Monday (yesterday) and we did and It was a AWESOME lesson! I know the Lord is putting people in our path everyday, and I love it!! :) 
The rest of the week went great. Sunday we had a huge fast for missionary work. We had 5 investigators come to church, and Hermana and I taught Sunday school.... Super terrifying, but fun! Yesterday we didn't teach much because there was drunks EVERYWHERE and the spirit just wasn't able to dwell in our area.... We've been using family history A LOT in our lessons and were going and doing family history work tonight with some members. :) 
Spanish is great!! I'm really starting to love it even more. I love you all!!
Oh and Lindsey HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I love you! I will email you if I have time, if not I will for sure send you a letter!! :)
Les Quiero
Hermana Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment