Monday, September 23, 2013

Transfers Coming



Dear Family and Friends,
I'm not sure how to write down all the things I want to say... I have a lot of emotions and things going through my head right now. Last week was pretty good.... A LOT of rain so we had some lessons of the phone... they were really weird, especially when we would pray over the phone.  The big news I have/ had is last Thursday at 2:38 p.m. I received a phone call from my dear President. The first question he asked me was,"How's your Spanish Hermana Watkins"?  I said,"Mejor (Better)" :) He laughed and then told me that the Lord wants me to be a TRAINER!!!! He then asked me how I felt about that. Right when he told me I felt instant peace. I told him I am willing to do anything that the Lord has planned for me. He was really shocked with my answer. Haha he thought I was going to freak out. But I really felt good about it. I was super nervous and I don't feel as prepared as I would like, but if that's what God want's for me then, that's what is best!! I then had a training meeting the next day with President and he really helped me feel more prepared. Well this morning we received the usual phone call from our district leader telling us who is being transferred and who is staying... well come to find out I'm being transferred and not training... as of right now. The AP's are supposed to call me sometime today or tomorrow. They said they keep receiving different answers for me... So I might be leaving or staying, training or not training. I think I'm in shock right now.. Not very sure on what I should prepare for or do, but I need to have the faith that wherever I go and do it's what God want's for me.  But if I am training, PLEASE pray for me and my poor trainee. I think I would love training though. I can really see myself struggling but growing a lot.
The weirdest thing is that there's only two Spanish sisters coming to the mission this transfer. I don't really know why I would be picked to train when there are sisters that are far more prepared and older. I have know idea what to think right now....

Yesterday John received the Holy Ghost :) He was really excited! We also got a new bishop who is Russian, but knows Spanish. He's legit and is really wanting to strengthen the ward. We have a family history fair this week and one of the ladies in my ward has her family history all the way back to Adam on this HUGE poster with her direct line and all those around it. It was super cool to see. She said it took her and her husband 36 years to accomplish it. That's a lot of happy ancestors!! :)

I can't believe Ross is in Jerusalem. Everyday I study in the Bible dictionary at night and I'm learning a lot about the things that Ross is seeing. I can't wait to talk to him about it all when were both home. Nicole is engaged!! Holy! I'm not ready for marriage. After being in a companionship I've come to realize that I have A LOT to work on before I'm in an eternal marriage. :) Thank goodness for missions. ha
Houston weather is freezing!! It's in the 70's and I'm freezing cold. That's not a joke. I woke up this morning chivering BRRRRR. I'm nervous about winter. I heard it gets really cold in the winter especially with the humidity... so I will probably buy a couple more cardigans and warmer things. :)

All in all the mission is going great. President sent his big email around to us today, saying that in order for us to reach the 1000 baptisms each companionship needs to have 7 baptisms. It's totally possible!! I love this work. Well that's basically all. I love you all, and I love this Gospel with all my heart!!
Les Quiero
Hermana Watkins


No comments:

Post a Comment