Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Vernalite in the Houston Temple!

This past week was jammed pack of goodness!! This past transfer has really just been full of miracles and I know that these are the fruits of our labors. Hermana Hubbard and I have really been working on giving our will over to God and we have really seen how important it is that we do that so we can receive all the blessings he has in store for us.

We changed our pday to today because we went to the temple!! We have been trying the last couple weeks and finally our member was able to take us this week. This was actually her first time in the Houston Temple. I was of course SUPER excited and emotional to go  back to the temple because it's been since August or July. Our member  got lost driving their so we ended up missing the first session, but man oh man I am so happy we did. While sitting in the chapel waiting someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turn around to see Sister Robb, Madi Robb's mom sitting right behind me. We both began to bawl. Sister Robb and I both worked in the temple together in Vernal and I was so happy to see her. I went to the temple wanting to have a better understanding of the love that God has for me and each of his children. And he showed it perfectly through a familiar face from Vernal. After the session we spent time in the Celestial room holding hands and crying/ talking about my mission and Vernal. God has such a personal relationship and plan with each and everyone of us. He loves us SO MUCH!! I can truly testify of that. As can the temple. All the new things are SO amazing and help us better understand everything. I love the temple. I am so jealous of all of you that have a temple near by where you can go whenever to receive more blessings whenever, and feel of the spirit. I LOVE IT!!!!

Last week we received a referral from the Elders and he turned out to be a less active. He hasn't gone to church in 15 years. He's gone through the temple and used to be a ward mission leader and has a daughter in Mexico getting ready to go on her mission. He now lives with a woman who has a husband and he smokes and gets drunk almost every night. The lesson we had with him was so spiritual. He told us that he really doesn't feel like God can forgive him. But after testifying with the Holy Ghost how much God loves him, he wants to change. He told me that he had a dream about me dressed in white, and I told him that I was going to come and save him. I have taught people who have murdered someone, get drunk all the time, and so forth, but in every lesson I've had the spirit testifies to me how much God loves them. He is sad when we mess up and do the wrong thing, but his love is unconditional and just. After that lesson he told us the his sister lived two trailers down from him, so we decided to go try her, and I received a very strong testimony of how important prayer is. We met with her and her daughter and she told us that she has been praying for the past couple weeks that God would send someone to help her brother so he will stop drinking. God truly does listen! On Sunday we had a devotional for investigators and less actives and her and her other brother and her 3 kids all came!!!! WOOHOO :) And we had another lesson with them yesterday and the daughter is going to start coming out with us so she can start to prepare to go on a mission and the whole family is excited to start coming back to church! Her youngest son is 13 and is not baptized, but told us he will think about it. MIRACLE!!!
This is Sister Spencer, an older missionary who is leaving soon.  Emily loves her so much. 

 Another one of our recent converts/ Less actives went to the conference with Elder Nelson and since then he hasn't had any coffee, changed his job so he can now come to church on Sundays, and he wants to start coming out with us and prepare to go to the temple!!! YAY!!

We have two angels we are working with.The first one is the one that told us that the Book of Mormon is her life and she always finds her answers in it. Well we were both impressed to talk to her about baptism and extend a date. She excepted with much pleasure and we asked her if she has prayed to know of the things we teach are true, and she told us that she doesn't need to pray when the spirit has already testified that all of what we say is true. She can't wait to be baptized and is a very prepared daughter of God.

The second one we met one day while riding our bikes we passed her and I decided I was going to talk to EVERYONE! So I pulled off ahead of her and we got off and talked to her and set up a lesson with her. We had that lesson on Monday and she was bawling the whole lesson and was really feeling the Holy Ghost testifying of the truthfulness. We have another lesson with her tonight and I can't wait.

We have found a lot of really prepared people the last couple days. We have one little girl who is 9 and she and her mom and put together like a little party of her friends who are all coming over tonight and we are going to have a little study together. I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!

I love you all! Don't forget to go to the temple! The blessings await!
Oh and Sheri Dew is coming this Friday and we're having a womens conference with her.... She is Hermana Baers aunt! YAY!!

Les Quiero
Hermana Watkins

P.s. It's 70 degress here :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment