Monday, March 10, 2014

No Transfer

This morning bright and early our lovely district leader called to tell us who is getting transferred........ and it's not me!!!YEAH!!! I will hit my year mark in the same ward I was born into. Everyone last night at the devotional said I was going to get transferred, but Hermana Jaeger and I have been praying ALL transfer long that we will have at least one more transfer together. :) And God truly does answer prayers. I am sad though because my "sister" Hermana Lister is getting transferred. :( 

The past week has been about the same as it has been the past two weeks. Really slow. The work is still moving forward, but not at rocket speed. Speaking of which we might go to NASA this transfer :) :) 

Last Tuesday we had an amazing Zone Study with President Ashton about the Atonement and how we can better teach Mercy and Justice. WOW!! I love the Atonement. I  am so extremely grateful for this message that we have to share with the world that we have a Savior and it's through him and his Mercy that can overpower the power of justice. This plan is beautiful and perfect. We truly can be free from our sins and wrong doings. All we need to do is ACT! President Ashton is a very brilliant man when it comes to the scriptures. I learned so much from him and my testimony has really grown. I challenge all of you to read in Alma 34 and 2 Nephi 9 to learn more about this freedom that we can receive. How lucky are we to know of this plan and to be saved by the Mercies of our Savior. He loves us all very much. Act now! We have one investigator that has been investigating for 5 years and all of her kids are members now. She has a really difficult situation where her husband lives in the Middle East and they can't find him to get a divorce. She is currently living with the man of her two youngest children.. she has 7. She really feels like she needs to get the money to get the divorce in order to get married to a man that she doesn't love and then get baptized. She is procrastinating her day of repentance, and it's hard for me to see that she feels like she needs to put the things of man before the things of God. We need to pay our tithing before we pay the house bills, do your home teaching or visiting teaching before hanging out with friends. If we want the blessings we need to do His will before ours.

This week we had exchanges and I was so close to being companions with Hermana Johnson, but Hermana Jaeger ended up going to their area and Hermana Pimentel came here. She was born into this area and showed me a lot of people that she used to teach and she helped us get some of her recent converts into shape. :) That's another thing. I have NEVER left the zone on my mission. Not even for an exchange. I have know Idea what it is like outside of my zone. :) haha but I'm okay with that. 

Real quick I want to share with you an experience I had this past week of so. I was reading through some of the Conference talks from the session in October when I came across the one by Elder Terence M. Vinson. On page 106 at the very top of the page he says," He is always near, especially in sacred places and in times of need; and sometimes, when I least expect, I feel almost like He taps me on the shoulder to let me know He loves me. I can return that love in my own imperfect way by giving him my heart." Right when I read this I thought instantly of my experience at the temple when Sister Robb tapped me on the shoulder, and immediately I felt the love of God. As you might not remember the one thing I wanted to learn at the temple was the love that God has for me and each of my investigators. His love is SO powerful and he wants each and everyone of us to feel. Keep praying, reading scriptures, and doing all you can to have a relationship with him. I know that it is hard, but it's worth it! I would not be out here if I didn't know this church is true. I would of gone home long time ago. I love you all so much and I pray that you are all doing AWESOME!! 
Les Quiero Muchisimo!

Hermana Watkins 

No comments:

Post a Comment